The Vikings picked a ton of grapes and made their own wine, which was huge for them because grapes don’t grow in Scandinavia, and usually any time the Vikings wanted a nice bottle of fine wine they had to burn a Frankish monastery to the ground and pry it from the hands of a Catholic monk.
A funny and impressive conversation between Russian Jew and Moroccan Arab :)
A funny and impressive conversation between Russian Jew and Moroccan Arab :)
What’s wrong with taking knee? In many countries people put their hand on their heart, take hat off, pose in a very emotional manner or even cry when their national anthem (a song!) plays even before a f… sport game. So what’s wrong if some people take knee down to reflect respect for those people whose LIVES are not RESPECTED. Taking knee, as that national song, a f… flag, are symbols. I’m sure you understand that. I’m truly respect those “six brave men” that stand (...)
(c) Photo: LE WEB PARIS, 2013. Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license.
Addressing racial injustice
Jun 23, 2020
Microsoft Corporate Blogs
An email from CEO Satya Nadella to Microsoft employees:
As I shared in our Employee Town Hall last month, and in my email earlier this month, we are committed to take action to help address racial injustice and inequity, and unequivocally believe that Black lives matter. Below you will see many of the steps we are taking.
Over the past several weeks, the senior leadership team, board of directors, and I have spent time reflecting, listening, learning, and discussing what role the company – and all of us collectively – must play in helping to drive change, both within Microsoft and in our communities. With significant input from employees and leaders who are members of the Black and African American community, we have developed a set of actions that we believe are both meaningful to improving the lived experience at Microsoft, as well as driving change in the communities in which we live and work.
Today, we are making commitments to address racial injustice and inequity for the Black and African American community in the United States. We will additionally take important steps to address the needs of other communities, including the Hispanic and Latinx community, across the company in the next five years. We are focused on three multiyear, sustained efforts:
- Increasing our representation and culture of inclusion. We will build on our diversity and inclusion (D&I) momentum from the past five years by adding an additional $150M of D&I investment, and will double the number of Black and African American people managers, senior individual contributors, and senior leaders in the United States by 2025.
- Engaging our ecosystem. We will use our balance sheet and engagement with suppliers and partners to extend the vision for societal change throughout our ecosystem, creating new opportunities for them and the communities they serve.
- Strengthening our communities. We will use the power of data, technology, and partnership to help improve the lives of Black and African American citizens across our country, including to address the safety and well-being of our own employees in the communities in which they live.
Below are key details on how we will accomplish this.
We need to ensure that our culture of inclusion is a top priority for everyone. It starts with our values of respect, integrity, and accountability. Each of us must be able to thrive in diverse teams. Every manager must be able to attract, retain, and grow employees of all backgrounds. This is certainly true at Microsoft, and also more broadly. It is the new baseline for manager excellence across industries across the globe.
We will meet this new goal in three key ways:
1. We will accelerate our cultural transformation through further investment in inclusion. Managers who have a deep understanding and commitment to building inclusive culture are key to our company’s success. Starting in FY21, our training on allyship, covering, and privilege in the workplace will be required for all employees, with additional new content on understanding the experience of the Black and African American community. Because leadership sets the tone, we will have required live sessions for CVPs and EVPs to ensure they better understand the lived experience of these specific communities.
2. We will strengthen our intentional career planning and talent development efforts. This will apply across our workforce, beginning with Black and African American employees. These programs will expand to include other employee groups as we learn and grow. We will expand on our leadership development programs for select Black and African American midlevel employees and their managers, to help prepare for promotion to Director/Principal. For Director/Principal level, we will create a new development opportunity to expose them to the leadership expectations of the Partner/GM level and match them with senior-level sponsors and mentors. For Partner/GMs, we are continuing to invest in the dedicated leadership development programs.
3. We will further strengthen company accountability for progress on representation. We will deepen our practice of evaluating each CVP/GM’s progress on diversity and inclusion when determining their impact and rewards, as well as promotion considerations. We will provide CVPs with dedicated D&I coaches to confront and resolve systemic obstacles within their organizations. We will expand our global, quarterly promotion process to ensure we build diverse leadership teams at all levels. This will include direct engagement with business leaders on review of all candidates for people management, Director/Principal level, and Partner/GM level.
A vast business ecosystem surrounds Microsoft from our supply chain to our partner community. We recognize that a stronger and more productive ecosystem requires better representation of the diversity in our communities. We will evolve our engagement with our supply chain, banking partners, and the broad Microsoft partner ecosystem in this effort.
1. We will double the number of Black- and African American-owned approved suppliers over the next three years and spend an incremental $500M with those existing and new suppliers. We’ll do this by ensuring our existing guidance to include diverse minority-owned suppliers in all RFPs is well understood, evaluate supplier portfolio composition, and enhance the weighting of diversity characteristics (both in ownership and in broad workforce) during the supplier evaluation and selection process. We will also encourage Black and African American representation progress in our top 100 suppliers, which account for over 50 percent of our indirect spend, by requesting annual disclosure of their diversity profile information (e.g., workforce diversity, goals) that we will incorporate into our RFP evaluations.
2. We will use our own banking needs to grow our portfolio investment activity with Black- and African American-owned financial institutions. Over the next three years, we will double the percentage of our transaction volumes through these Black- and African-American owned banks and external managers where we have existing strong banking relationships and look to grow that base, which provides an increased opportunity for these firms to attract more capital. We will create a $100M program that will make its initial investment in collaboration with the FDIC to target Minority Owned Depository
3. Institutions (MDIs), which directly enables an increase of funds into local communities (businesses, restaurants, housing, etc.). And, we will establish a $50M investment fund focused on supporting Black- and African American-owned small businesses. The fund will initially focus on investing to improve access to capital, increase skill development, and reduce the technology gaps that exist today.
4. We know how important partners are to the growth of our business. We look forward to investing to increase the number of Black- and African American-owned partners in our US partner community by 20 percent over the next three years. A new $50M partner fund will help with access to capital providing loans to support these partners through their startup phase with the loans recovered over time as their business grows. We will provide $20M of financing to existing and new partners to support their cashflow needs. And, we will invest an additional $3M in training programs covering financial management, tech solutions, and go-to-market readiness.
No company can change the world by itself. But we believe that Microsoft can put the power of data, technology, and partnership to work to help improve the lives of Black and African American citizens across our country. That’s what we’re committed to doing, through a four-part effort.
1. We will strengthen and expand our existing justice reform initiative with a five-year, $50 million sustained effort. Since starting this work in 2017, we’ve come to appreciate the importance of this issue not only to the nation, but to the personal lives of our employees and their families. No one should have to live with the fear of being stopped by the police, harassed while shopping, or bullied in school because of the color of their skin. This conviction has led us to do increasing work advocating both in the Puget Sound and nationally, including in the communities where our employees live.We will build on this foundation by using data and digital technology toward increased transparency and accountability in our justice system. All this work will be backed by public policy advocacy that will increase access to data to identify racial disparities and improve policing. We’ll also use our technology and expertise to support evidenced-based and unbiased diversion programs that direct people into treatment alternatives instead of incarceration. We’ll also use data to promote racial equity in the decisions made by prosecutors, including decisions about who to charge with a crime, the nature of the charge, plea offers, and sentencing recommendations.
2. We will expand our skills work to help Black and African American students and adults develop the skills needed to succeed in the digital economy. Over the next five years, we will expand in 13 states and the District of Columbia the Microsoft TEALS industry volunteer program to bring computer science education to an additional 620 high schools primarily serving Black and African American students. We will also strengthen Microsoft’s support for Historically Black Colleges and Universities, including in computer and data science programs, campus initiatives and partnerships, and curriculum development. Finally, we’ll offer digital skills training to Black and African American adults seeking new jobs. As part of a global skilling initiative, we will provide $5 million in cash grants to community-based nonprofit organizations led by and serving communities of color, enabling them to better support digital skills programs.
3. We will help expand access to broadband and devices for communities of color and the key institutions that support them in major urban centers, by working with carriers, OEMs, our own hardware team, refurbishers, and nonprofits to enrich low-cost broadband access by providing affordable PCs and Microsoft software. We’ll work to ensure these services can be put to effective use to improve people’s lives, with a focus on telehealth services and educational offerings. Backed by public advocacy, we’ll start by focusing on six cities that currently confront the largest urban broadband gaps.
4. Finally, we will increase technology support for nonprofits that support and are led by people of color. We will help support the digital transformation that we know from experience can make nonprofits more effective. We’ll provide access to Azure and Dynamics credits and financial grants that will enable these organizations to add the IT staff needed to better deploy and maximize technology. We look forward to tapping into the knowledge and expertise of our own employees as we identify effective groups we can support more strongly.
Change begins by looking inward. We expect this change in ourselves. Employees expect this change from their leaders. Our customers and partners expect this change from Microsoft. And the world demands this change.
This is not a one-time event. It will require real work and focus. We will listen and learn. We will take feedback and we will adjust. But it starts with each of us making a commitment to do the work, to help drive change, and to act with intention.
#microsoft #ms #software #os #windows #programming #job #technology #whitelivesmatter #USA #America #civil #rights #protest #activism #activist #riot #freedom #blacklivesmatter #news #racial #racism #black #white #photo
#soccer #football #sport #whitelivesmatter #USA #America #Trump #GB #UK #England #civil #rights #protest #activism #activist #riot #freedom #police #blacklivesmatter #news #Europe #racial #racism #black #white #photo
‘White Lives Matter’ plane banner overshadows Premier League game between Burnley and Manchester City
As the players of Manchester City and Burnley took a knee inside an empty Etihad Stadium in support of the Black Lives Matter movement, the sound of an aircraft could be heard overhead.
It had a very different message.
#USA #America #Trump #civil #rights #protest #activism #activist #riot #freedom #police #blacklivesmatter #news #photo #PulpFiction #movie #Hollywood #racial #racism #black #white #lang ru
All incorrect, insulting, derogatory, 'black' and heterosexual scenes (including love between Scarlett and Rhett) were replaced by homosexual and pussy-bumping.
Jun 10, 2020MORE: https://variety.com/2020/digital/uncategorized/gone-with-the-wind-amazon-best-seller-hbo-max-1234630577/
By Todd Sprangler
“Gone With the Wind” zipped to the top of Amazon’s best-sellers sales chart for TV and movies, a day after WarnerMedia’s HBO Max pulled the movie for “racist depictions.”
Amazon bases its rankings on sales data. The site currently offers the 70th anniversary two-disc DVD edition of “Gone With the Wind” starting at $29.55, while Amazon Video offers the movie as a digital HD rental at $3.99 and for purchase at $9.99. (...)
Oscar-winning film “Gone With the Wind” was removed Tuesday from the HBO Max streaming service temporarily. WarnerMedia said it plans to return to the movie to the library, along with a discussion about the historical context for the 1939 movie and a “denouncement” of the movie’s racist stereotypes.
“’Gone With The Wind’ is a product of its time and depicts some of the ethnic and racial prejudices that have, unfortunately, been commonplace in American society,” an HBO Max spokesperson told Variety. “These racist depictions were wrong then and are wrong today, and we felt that to keep this title up without an explanation and a denouncement of those depictions would be irresponsible.”
“Gone With the Wind” stars Vivien Leigh, Clark Gable, Hattie McDaniel and Olivia de Havilland. The film, adapted from the 1936 novel by Margaret Mitchell, is described on Amazon.com’s website as “a classic epic of the American South,” set during the Civil War and the Reconstruction era.
The movie, produced by David O. Selznick, won eight competitive Oscars including best picture, best actress for Leigh, best director for Victor Fleming and best supporting actress for McDaniel, who was the first Black person to ever win an Academy Award. The American Film Institute ranks “Gone With the Wind” as the No. 4 best American movie of all time, after “Citizen Kane,” “Casablanca,” and “The Godfather.”
Butch: You okay?
Marsellus: ...Nah, man. I'm pretty fucking far from okay.
By Joe Flint#USA #America #Trump #civil #rights #protest #activism #activist #riot #freedom #police #blacklivesmatter #news #photo #PulpFiction #movie #Hollywood #racial #racism #lack #white
June 10, 2020
“Gone with the Wind” was pulled from HBO Max while the long-running TV show “Cops” was outright canceled, a sign that entertainment companies are re-examining the content they offer in the wake of nationwide protests for racial justice and against police brutality.
Trudeau was met with both jeers and cheers. One protester yelled “Why haven’t you done anything, Justin?” Another protester handed him a T-shirt that said “Black Lives Matter” and “No Justice, No Peace.” Trudeau held the shirt during the protest but did not put it on.
Russian space agency chief Dmitry Rogozin once ridiculed the lack of a U.S. manned flight programme, saying it might as well "deliver its astronauts to the ISS by using a trampoline".(c) Photo: MK
Six years later Elon Musk and NASA had the last laugh.
"The trampoline is working," quipped the 48-year-old U.S. entrepreneur at a post-flight news conference alongside NASA administrator Jim Bridenstine.
Both men laughed. "It's an inside joke," Musk added.
On Saturday, his SpaceX made history by becoming the first commercial company to send humans into orbit.
The U.S. feat and Musk's joke set Russian social media alight, with wits ridiculing Rogozin, and the Russian space chief's name began trending on Twitter.
"How do you like this, Dmitry Rogozin?" one critic prodded.
Russia still prides itself on sending the first human into orbit in 1961 and other achievements of the Soviet-era space programme.
Rogozin has remained conspicuously silent but his spokesman was forced to react.
"We don't really understand the hysteria sparked by the successful launch of a Crew Dragon spacecraft," spokesman Vladimir Ustimenko said on Twitter.
"What should have happened a long time ago happened," he added.
While cosmonaut Sergei Krikalev, Roscosmos executive director for crewed space programmes, saluted the US achievement in a brief video address, not everyone was in such a gracious mood.
Alexey Pushkov, a member of the upper house of parliament, declared Saturday's flight was not a big deal.
"This is a flight to the International Space Station, not to Mars," he said on messaging app Telegram.
He pronounced it time to stop ferrying Americans to the orbiting lab.
"Russia needs spaces for its own young cosmonauts."
Post office in New York, was demolished in the early 20s, twentieth century.
Почтовое отделение в Нью-Йорке, было снесено в начале 20-х годов, извините, двадцатого века.
Demolished at early last century, Penn Station, New York.
The main hurricane of demolition came in the early '50s. Apparently, the world has become calmer, it was possible to take care of home evidences. Or maybe some law was passed, and the owners could no longer defend their rights to almost new homes.
Cнесённый в начале прошлого века, Пенсильванский Вокзал, Нью-Йорк.
Основной ураган сносов пришелся на начало 50-х. Видимо в мире поспокойней стало, можно было уже и домашними уликами заняться. А может какой закон приняли, и собственники уже не могли отстоять свои права, на почти новые дома.
The building of the Cable Company, grew in 1897, died in 1954. I hope everyone understands that this is not even half of the calculated life span. It's New York.
Здание Кабельной Компании, выросло в 1897 году, почило в 1954. Надеюсь все понимают, что это даже не половина рассчитанного срока жизни. New York.
Carnegie Building, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania external spiral staircase during demolition in 1952
Карнеги-билдинг, Питтсбург, Пенсильвания Внешняя винтовая лестница во время сноса в 1952 году
The Gillender Building was commissioned in 1897 and demolished in 1910.
Gillender Building ввели в строй в 1897, а попрощались в 1910.
Public Library of Cincinnati, 1874-1955
Публичная библиотека Цинциннати, 1874-1955
Broad Street Station (Philadelphia). Demolished in 1953.
Broad Street Station (Филадельфия). Снесено 1953.
The Chicago Federal Building (demolished in 1965). Such buildings are welcome and cherished in Europe, proudly taking tourists, blowing dust off the walls, and in Chicago under the knife.
Чикагская федеральная администрация (снесено в 1965). В Европе такие здания холят и лелеят, с гордостью водят туристов, сдувая со стен пылинки, а в Чикаго под нож.
Minneapolis. The Metropolitan Building (demolished in 1961)
Миннеаполис. Здание метрополии (снесено в 1961)
The old Minneapolis Post Office (demolished in 1961)
Старая почта Миннеаполиса (снесена в 1961)
The Pierce-Morse block, San Diego. Demolished in the '50s. Very similar to Singer's house in St. Petersburg.
Блок Пирс-Морс, Сан-Диего. Разрушенный в 50-х годах. Брат (на вид) питерского дома Зингера покинул нас.
The Jayne Building in Philadelphia. Completed in 1850 and demolished in 1957 to create the Independence National Historical Park. It was 39 m tall and have been called a "proto-skyscraper".
Здание Джейн в Филадельфии. Завершено в 1850 году и снесено в 1957 году с целью создания Национального исторического парка "Независимость". Его высота составляла 39 м, и его называли "прото-скискребком".
There was a library nearby, too. The former magnate's house, when it turned out that the deceased was not willing to leave the heirs, the building became a branch of the public library of Philadelphia. In the 1980s, the library moved out and the house was destroyed by fire.
Там же, неподалеку стояла библиотека. Бывший магнатский дом, когда выяснилось, что умерший не соизволил оставить на Земле наследников, стал филиалом публичной библиотеки Филадельфии. В 1980-х библиотека съехала и недолго думая дом самовыпилился, путем пожара.
It's about to be an interesting case. The systematic destruction of the entire city, which carelessly all consisted of such houses.
And it would have been just one of many small towns where all the residents left. No, there was something about this place. Just look at the names that came out of this tiny town...
The entire city of Hartford is less than 19 square miles. A remarkable city that produced Frederick Law Olmsted, JP Morgan, Samuel Colt, Katherine Hepburn, Mark Twain, Harriett Beecher Stowe; the insurance industry...Aetna, Travelers, The Hartford, etc.; Colt and Browning Firearms; Pratt and Whitney aircraft; Underwood and Royal typewriters; Columbia bikes and Pope automobiles... Most of Hartford was destroyed between 1945 and 2000. The story isn't unfamiliar to any American city, but the impact to Hartford was particularly grotesque giving the compactness and size of the city. Today, the struggle to repair the damage continues but the potential -- the Connecticut River, Victorian neighborhoods, Olmsted public parks, and commuter rail to New York City coming soon, bodes well for Hartford's future.
On the left, Hartford in 1945 - on the right, Hartford in the early 1980s.
Сейчас будет интересный случай. Планомерное уничтожение целого города, который по неосторожности весь состоял из подобных жилищ.
И ладно бы это был просто один из многих мелких городишек, откуда уехали все жители. Нет, в этом месте, что-то было. Просто посмотрите на имена, которые вышли из этого крошечного городишки...
Весь город Хартфорд занимает менее 19 квадратных миль. Замечательный город, в котором начаинали Фредерик Лоу Олмстед, Джей-Пи Морган, Сэмюэль Кольт, Кэтрин Хепберн, Марк Твен, Харриетт Бичер-Стоу; страховая индустрия... Aetna Inc, Страхование Путешественников, Хартфорд и т.д.; Огнестрельное оружие Кольта и Браунинга; самолеты Pratt и Whitney; пишущие машинки Underwood и Royal; Колумбийские мотоциклы и автомобили Pope... Большая часть Хартфорда была уничтожена в период с 1945 по 2000 год. История не является незнакомой ни одному американскому городу, но влияние на Хартфорд было особенно гротескным, что давало компактность и размеры города. Сегодня борьба за возмещение ущерба продолжается, потенциал это - река Коннектикут, викторианские кварталы, общественные парки Олмстеда и скорая постройка пригородной железной дороги в Нью-Йорк - предвещают будущее Хартфорда.
Слева Хартфорд в 1945 году - справа Хартфорд в начале 1980-х годов.
Stanford Memorial Church. Here, the entire Church complex, including the triumphal arch, was demolished by an earthquake. Well, why? When else will there be such an occasion?
Стэнфордская мемориальная церковь. Тут под шумок землетрясения снесли весь комплекс Церкви, включая триумфальную арку. Ну, а что? Когда еще такой повод будет?
Women’s Temple in Chicago (demolished in 1926)
Женский храм в Чикаго (снесён в 1926)
Capital Building, Santa Fe
Старый капитолий Santa Fe, пропал.
LA County Courthouse
Суд графства, Лос Анджелес
Old San Francisco City Hall
Старая ратуша Сан-Франциско Старая ратуша Сан-Франциско.
Ursuline Academy Galveston, Tx
Built: 1894 - Demolished 1968
Урсулинская академия Галвестон, Техас.
Построена: 1894. Снесена: 1968
The Singer Building of NY/Manhattan - 1902-1967.
Здание "Зингер" в Нью-Йорке/Манхэттене - 1902-1967
Madison Square Garden, New York
Мэдисон Сквер Гарден, Нью-Йорк
Waldorf-Astoria Hotel, NYC
Отель Волдорф-Астория, Нью-Йорк
New York World Building
Всемирный дом в Нью-ЙоркеSource of text: https://vk.com/@kbogam-ssha-kotorye-my-poteryali-fotoreportazh-s-mest-gibeli-nasled
One of the reasons why I believe that many of these buildings have been purposefully destroyed is that in most cases, nothing more spacious or technologically advanced has come to replace them. In some cases, and even then, for many years, there was a wasteland on this site. This means that the economic reasons for the demolition, such as unprofitability or spatial necessity, are in great doubt.
When you see that identical buildings in Europe are treated as rare pearls and rushed to the intensive care unit with each fallen brick, but on the other side, across the ocean, with a sledgehammer and carried to pieces, the same cathedrals and palaces, the conclusion is, I think, simple.
Follow the official chronology, it says that European, it is ancient and it must be stored, but in America, all, just yesterday built, what to admire there? Give them the money and they'll build you anything.
Judging by what I see in the photos both European and American palaces, this is one set of construction and finishing works. So they were built at the same time using identical technology.
To materialize the fictional history of mankind, European buildings were attributed where 300, where 2000, as in Rome and voila, now the history is not only on paper but also in stone. In between, by the way, you can make some extra money on antiques.
It's all closer than you think. 150-200 years old. That's my opinion, basically.
Одна из причин, почему я считаю, что многие из этих зданий были целенаправленно уничтожены, это то что в большинстве случаев, на замену не пришло ничего более вместительного или технологичного. В ряде случаев, и вовсе, потом долгие годы сиял пустырь. Это значит, что экономические причины сноса, как то нерентабельность или пространственная необходимость, находятся под большим вопросом.
Когда вы видите, что к идентичным зданиям в Европе относятся, как к редким жемчужинам и несутся в реанимацию с каждым отвалившимся кирпичом, а тут же чуть справа, за океаном, носятся с кувалдой и разносят в щепки, такие же соборы и дворцы, вывод , по-моему прост.
Все следуют официальной хронологии, там написано, что европейское, это древнее и его нужно хранить, а в Америке, все, только вчера построили, чего там восхищаться-то? Дайте денег и вам построят.
Судя по тому, что я вижу на картинках и европейские и американские дома-дворцы, это один набор строительных и отделочных работ. Значит строили в одно время с применением идентичной технологии.
Для материализации выдуманной истории человечества, европейским зданиям приписали где 300, где 2000, как в Риме и вуаля, теперь история есть не только на бумаге, но и в камне. Между делом можно, кстати, подзаработать на антикваре.
Все это ближе чем вы думаете. Лет 150-200. Вот, мое мнение, в общих, чертах.
#Hanukkah #congratulations #Israel #Israeli #Defense #Forces #soldiers #jew #jewish #Middle East #Zahal #army #military #IDF #video #photo #news #t-sirt #America #USA
One of our most popular designs since 1982, and just as true today: "America Don't Worry, Israel Is Behind You."
On the left, there is the slave-trade centres, on the right - the states that existed prior to the epoch of the Europeans’ sea exploration. Correlations are total: slaves were delivered only therefrom where there was statehood of feudal type.
It means that black workers were delivered approximately in the same order as serfs were sold in Europe. Nobody did not run with a lasso in the jungles to catch a victim; black peasants were simply given the order, and they walked up on rule of the ships of their new misters.
Слева - центры работорговли, справа - государства до эпохи плаваний европейцев. Корреляции тотальные: рабов поставляли только оттуда, где уже была государственность, причем, феодального типа.https://scan1707.blogspot.com/2019/07/blog-post.html
Это означает, что чернокожих работников поставляли примерно в том же порядке, в каком в Европе происходила продажа крепостных. Никто ни за кем по джунглям с лассо не бегал; черным крестьянам просто отдавали приказ, и они шли грузиться на корабли своих новых господ.
There are numerous evidences that Moslems from Spain and the Western Africa appeared in America at least five centuries before Columbus did, in particular, during rule of the caliph Abdul-Rahman III Umayyad (929 961).
The historian and geographer Abu-al-Hasan Ali ibn Al-Huseyn Al-Masudi (871-957) wrote in his book “Gold Placers and Mines of Jewelry” that during the rule of the Caliph of Spain Abdulla Ibn Muhammad (888-912), Hashhash ibn Saed ibn Asvad - a Moslem from Cordoba - floated from Delba (Palos) in 889 year, crossed the Atlantic, reached the unknown territory (Ard Majhoola) and come back with incredible treasures.
Leo Wiener, a well-known American historian, a linguist, a specialist in the problems of linguistic interference, from the Harvard University wrote in his book “Africa and America Discovery” (1920) that Columbus knew perfectly well about presence of representatives of the tribe Mandinka in the New World, and that they had spread along the Caribbean basin and territories accessible to them.
In 1920s Leo Wiener composed three volumes of linguistic coincidence in the languages of Indians and Africans. One more volume was added by the Frenchman G.Covais in 1930. Thorough studying of lexicon of various languages led Wiener to the conclusion that “the African influence on the American continent could not appear before XI century as many Mandinka words in the Pre-Columbian layers of the American Indian languages possess obvious traces of the Arabian influence”.
When Hernan Cortes invaded Mexico, his call was “Santiago Matamoros!” (Saint Jago, beat moors!). Here it would be necessary to tell that Saint Jago (Apostle Jacob, Jago-Moorstruggler) to whom soldiers addressed, was one of the most significant saints of the Catholic church structures of Latin America. This apostle sacrificed all his life for the war with moors and Mamelukes, appearing in front of Christian armies and helping to kill Moslems, - basically, in America.
I.I.Komarova writes in hi book that after Baiano’s death, the leader of the Islamic opposition in Panama Spaniards initiated efforts to destroy any mention of Islam. Modern Panama history books try not to mention the fact of Islamic presence at the early period of the country history.
A Catholic priest Juan Lorente directly argues that the Saint Inquisition has withdrawn ALL books about America. The history of the continent exploration, as a matter of fact, was entirely rewritten and changed.
Имеются многочисленные свидетельства, что мусульмане из Испании и Западной Африки появились в Америке по крайней мере за пять столетий до Колумба, в частности, во время правления калифа Абдул-Рахмана III Умайяда (929– 961).
Историк и географ Абу-л-Хасан Али ибн ал-Хусейн ал-Масуди (871–957) написал в своей книге «Золотые россыпи и рудники драгоценностей», что во время правления халифа Испании Абдуллы Ибн Мухаммада (888–912) Хашхаш ибн Саед ибн Асвад – мусульманин из Кордовы – поплыл из Дельба (Палос) в 889 году, пересёк Атлантику, достиг неизвестной территории (Ard Majhoola) и возвратился с невероятными сокровищами.
Известный американский историк, лингвист и языковед, специалист по проблемам лингвистической интерференции из Гарвардского университета Лео Винер в книге «Африка и открытие Америки» (1920) написал, что Колумб хорошо знал о присутствии представителей племени мандинка в Новом Свете, и что они распространились по Карибскому бассейну и открытым им территориям.
20-х годах Лео Винер составил три тома лингвистических совпадений в языках индейцев и африканцев. Ещё один том добавил к ним в 1930 году француз Г. Ковэ. Основательное изучение лексики различных языков привело Винера к заключению, что «африканское влияние на американский континент не могло сказаться ранее XI века, так как множество встречаемых мандингских слов в доколумбовых пластах индейских языков носит явные следы арабского влияния».
Когда Эрнан Кортес вошел в Мексику, его кличем было «Santiago Matamoros!» (Святой Яго, бей мавров!). Здесь надо бы сказать, что Святой Яго (апостол Яков, он же Яго-Мавробоец), к которому обращались воины, - один из наиболее значительных святых в католических структурах Латинской Америки. Этот апостол всю жизнь положил на войну с маврами и мамелюками, являясь христианским войскам и помогая убивать мусульман, – в основном, в Америке.
И. И. Комарова пишет, что после смерти Байано, лидера исламского сопротивления в Панаме испанцы предприняли усилия, чтобы разрушить любое упоминание об исламе. Сегодняшние книги по истории Панамы стараются не упоминать факта исламского присутствия в ранней истории страны.
Священник-католик Хуан Льоренте прямо пишет, что Святая Инквизиция изъяла ВСЕ книги об Америке. История освоения континента была, по сути, переписана целиком.